Battle Brothers is a turn based strategy RPG anageix which has you leading a mercenary company in a gritty low-power medieval fantasy world. You decide where to go whom to hire or to fight what contracts to take and how to train and equip your men in a procedurally generated open world campaign.
Best alternatives and similar games to Battle Brothers
Battle Brothers Feature Trailer
Let’s Play Battle Brothers – EA – Ep. 1 – It Begins & Sign Up!
Battle Brothers Review
- A true gem.
- Jagged Alliance a 9.1.
- The battle system is okay.
- The combat is strategic, turn based.
- The events and missions are well written.
- You are the leader of a mercenary company.
- There is no pre-written story or campaign.
- Harsh world reminds me of old school X-COM.
- One of the best strategy games I’ve played.
- I love the sound design on orcs and goblins.
- If you need fast paced action, this isn’t it.
- The art work for the mercenaries is very good.
- To this extent there is not a strict class system.
- Best 20 bucks I have spent on an indie game to date.
- One of the best turn-based RPG’s I have ever played.
- Battle Brothers – A turn-based strategy management game.
- This may be improved when faction wars are implemented.
- Very cool gameplay, artwork and immersive story telling.
- Buy this game if you like any type of combat strategy games.
- This turn based strategy game is not for the feignt of heart.
- One of the best turn based games I’ve ever played in my life.
- The basics:You are a mercenary captain in a low-fantasy world.
- I havn’t seen any other bugs.The game has a very nice atmosphere.
- Story Much like cinematics, this game doesn’t really have a story.
- You have the Strategic World Map and then the tactical battle maps.
- Basic Review of the EA Game + Turnbased strategy rpg at its finest.
- Such is the life of a mercenary, to live and die for glory and gold.
- It is one of those RNG-heavy, grind-heavy games like Darkest Dungeon.
- Things I would love to see in future? Modding support, that’s for sure.
- Your men level up, and you can improve their skills and give them perks.
- As I write that, I realize that we’re barely a mercenary company at all.
- The world map is randomly generated so no second playthrough is the same.
- So what do I like about the game?* Overall a very rewarding battle system.
- Incredibly solid turn based tactics RPG even at this point in early access.
- The WorldProcedurally generated worlds are great, but maybe a bit too small.
- EDIT: As a warning, this is completely open-world and procedurally generated.
- Game art style is amazing and mechanics are very well done and easy to learn.
- The world map, as well as the towns and battlefields are all lovingly crafted.
- Two-Handed Weapons became more popular for them, same goes for Battle Brothers.