Crypt of the NecroDancer is an award winning hardcore roguelike rhythm game. Move to the music and deliver beatdowns to the beat! Groove to the epic Danny Baranowsky soundtrack or select songs from your own MP3 collection!
About this game
Best alternatives and similar games to Crypt of the Necrodancer
Crypt of the Necrodancer – Launch Trailer
Crypt of the NecroDancer – Gameplay 1
Crypt of the Necrodancer Review and Gameplay
- Hours and hours of fun.
- Don’t start playing this.
- The graphics are pixel art.
- That’s how fun this game is.
- Daily challenge like spelunky.
- Bad custom music beat detection.
- Something about difficulty curve.
- Local Co-op was hilarious and amazing.
- The graphics are simple but well made.
- I personally recommend the Mega Man mod.
- A turn-based over the head dungeon crawler.
- Crypt of the NecroDancer is a very fun game.
- Crypt is a dungeon crawler, but with a twist.
- Each weapon type sports a unique attack pattern.
- A rhythm based rouge like dungeon crawler hybrid.
- This game just screams of character and pure fun.
- Randomly generated levels are extremely well done.
- There’s also modding support, which is always nice.
- Add the story to another fantastic bit of this game.
- The boss fights are unique and wonderful experiences.
- One of the most addicting, fun games I’ve ever played.
- Do you like the binding of isaac? if yes buy this game.
- The game has a handful of really unique boss fights too.
- Very well made pixel art, but it is a deterrent for some.
- BEAT it!There’s great educational value to it, no kidding.
- This is the first music-based dungeon crawler I’ve ever seen.
- The gorgeous pixel graphics art style is really well done too.
- Because ITS THE GOD DAMN MEGA MAN.-: Minor bugs here and there.
- Having to play to the beat adds a significant but fun challenge.
- It’s action/strategy/cool music-y rhythm/rogue-like at its finest.
- Do you like simple mechanics but hard to master? This game has it.
- So beware: your social life might suffer because of this game. 😉 “
- The replay value that comes from various playable characters is huge.
- Every action you take must be in line with the beat of the soundtrack.
- At its core, Crypt of the NecroDancer is a rouge-like dungeon crawler.
- A little detail that adds a lot of magic to the game. THE STORY.
- Music is absolutely stellar (composer of the original Super Meat Boy).
- CUSTOM MUSIC DISABLES ACHIEVEMENTS! A really good thing to know up front
- Learning enemy behaviors and discovering new items become fun exercises.
- Also this game even during Early Access didn’t have any gamebreaking bugs.
- People are welcome to subscribe and watch the game in action when I play. “
- There’s a local co-op mode of some sort too, hell if I know how that works.
- This game is infinitely replayable, with daily challenges and hardcore mode.
- SO MUCH FUN.I’ve spent far too much time in a single night playing this game.
- Well, turns out that these are for using items and using some menu functions.
- The longer you stay in rhythm with the beat, the higher your multiplayer goes.
- Custom music is a plus, and I have not found any errors working with it so far.
- They fit so well with the game, and they still function in fun and unique ways.
- The enemies are well designed, each with varying movement and attack mechanics.
- The feeling of satisfaction that comes after beating that first boss is awesome.
- Everything gives signs before the action takes place, much like many roguelikes.
- Really fun and original game with the best soundtrack I’ve heard in a long time.
- TL;DR: If you like rogue likes, rhythm games, or dungeon crawlers, get this game.
- Hard as balls, fantastic music, great gameplay, and a great premise in the story.
- It’s a simple, but very well executed catch that adds a lot of flavor to the game.
- I’m not even that big a fan of dungeon crawlers, but I’m a sucker for rhythm games.
- The premise of this game is a dungeon crawler roguelike where you move to the beat.
- You would never expect a rhythm-dungeon crawler combo to ever work, but boy does it.
- I cannot recommend this game enough for roguelike fans, and fans of the indie scene.
- This might be one of the single greatest indie games I’ve played in… well, forever.
- It’s not like rogue’s tale when you can be killed on first turn the moment you spawn.
- It rocks on its own, but the ability to use your own MP3s is brilliant.* Local co-op.
- Crypt of the NecroDancer makes you move on the beat to navigate ever changing dungeons.
- What’s the game’s main goal? Kill all the monsters in randomly generated dungeons? Nah.
- Sound effects are basic and they work, signalling damage, movement, and enemy presence.
- You move into a monster to attack it, different weapons change the shape of your attack.
- And practice resulted in the ability to take part on the CoNDOR Racing League on Twitch.
- I don’t think anyone would have thought to put a rogue-like rpg into a rhythm based game.
- Only frustrating bit is how hard it is to complete story mode, but hey, it’s a roguelike.
How Long is Crypt of the Necrodancer
- Main: 15 Hours
- Main +extras: 18½ Hours
- Completionist: 27½ Hours
- Combined: 18 Hours
- Replayability: 10.4167%
Reddit subreddits and hot topics
Crypt of the necrodancer
Crypt of the Necrodancer!
I’m so sorry
“Hello /r/Games! We are the creators of the roguelike rhythm game, Crypt of
the NecroDancer. Ask us anything!”
End of 2015 Discussions – Crypt of the Necrodancer
“Should Feminist Frequency disclose in their Steam Curator recommendation
that Crypt of the Necrodancer contracted Silverstring Media for “”narrative
design”” – the same Silverstring Media where AS is an advisor?”
Just discovered Crypt of the Necrodancer
[Player292 giveaway] Crypt of the NecroDancer (Steam)
“Developers answered the community and released Crypt of the Necrodancer for
Linux on GOG”
Crypt of the NecroDancer [Game Discussion Thread]
“[Steam] Daily Deal: Crypt of the NecroDancer £3.62/ €4.94/ $4.94 (67% off),
Crypt of the NecroDancer Collector’s Edition £8.91/ €10.56/ $11.55 (67%
off) and most DLCs are also 67% off. Ends May 3rd 10AM PST”
Crypt of the Necrodancer: Amplified
Crypt of the NecroDancer – Launch Trailer (April 23rd, 2015)
“Crypt of the Necrodancer won the Game Developer Conference’s Best Audio
“[Steam] Daily Deal – Crypt of the NecroDancer £5.49 / €7.49 / $7.49 (50%
off) | Crypt of the NecroDancer Collector’s Edition £11.99 / €14.49 /
$15.49 (50% off) | DLC also 50% off | Sale ends October 6th @ 10AM PST”
This game is rated with a 87/100 score in Metacritic.