About this game
Best alternatives and similar games to Crypt of the Necrodancer
Crypt of the Necrodancer – Launch Trailer
Crypt of the NecroDancer – Gameplay 1
Crypt of the Necrodancer Review and Gameplay
- Hours and hours of fun.
- Don’t start playing this.
- The graphics are pixel art.
- That’s how fun this game is.
- Daily challenge like spelunky.
- Bad custom music beat detection.
- Something about difficulty curve.
- Local Co-op was hilarious and amazing.
- The graphics are simple but well made.
- I personally recommend the Mega Man mod.
- A turn-based over the head dungeon crawler.
- Crypt of the NecroDancer is a very fun game.
- Crypt is a dungeon crawler, but with a twist.
- Each weapon type sports a unique attack pattern.
- A rhythm based rouge like dungeon crawler hybrid.
- This game just screams of character and pure fun.
- Randomly generated levels are extremely well done.
- There’s also modding support, which is always nice.
- Add the story to another fantastic bit of this game.
- The boss fights are unique and wonderful experiences.
- One of the most addicting, fun games I’ve ever played.
- Do you like the binding of isaac? if yes buy this game.
- The game has a handful of really unique boss fights too.
- Very well made pixel art, but it is a deterrent for some.
- BEAT it!There’s great educational value to it, no kidding.
- This is the first music-based dungeon crawler I’ve ever seen.
- The gorgeous pixel graphics art style is really well done too.
- Because ITS THE GOD DAMN MEGA MAN.-: Minor bugs here and there.
- Having to play to the beat adds a significant but fun challenge.
- It’s action/strategy/cool music-y rhythm/rogue-like at its finest.
- Do you like simple mechanics but hard to master? This game has it.
- So beware: your social life might suffer because of this game. 😉 “
- The replay value that comes from various playable characters is huge.
- Every action you take must be in line with the beat of the soundtrack.
- At its core, Crypt of the NecroDancer is a rouge-like dungeon crawler.
- A little detail that adds a lot of magic to the game. THE STORY.
- Music is absolutely stellar (composer of the original Super Meat Boy).
- CUSTOM MUSIC DISABLES ACHIEVEMENTS! A really good thing to know up front
- Learning enemy behaviors and discovering new items become fun exercises.
- Also this game even during Early Access didn’t have any gamebreaking bugs.
- People are welcome to subscribe and watch the game in action when I play. “
- There’s a local co-op mode of some sort too, hell if I know how that works.
- This game is infinitely replayable, with daily challenges and hardcore mode.
- SO MUCH FUN.I’ve spent far too much time in a single night playing this game.
- Well, turns out that these are for using items and using some menu functions.
- The longer you stay in rhythm with the beat, the higher your multiplayer goes.
- Custom music is a plus, and I have not found any errors working with it so far.
- They fit so well with the game, and they still function in fun and unique ways.
- The enemies are well designed, each with varying movement and attack mechanics.
- The feeling of satisfaction that comes after beating that first boss is awesome.
- Everything gives signs before the action takes place, much like many roguelikes.
- Really fun and original game with the best soundtrack I’ve heard in a long time.
- TL;DR: If you like rogue likes, rhythm games, or dungeon crawlers, get this game.
- Hard as balls, fantastic music, great gameplay, and a great premise in the story.
- It’s a simple, but very well executed catch that adds a lot of flavor to the game.
- I’m not even that big a fan of dungeon crawlers, but I’m a sucker for rhythm games.
- The premise of this game is a dungeon crawler roguelike where you move to the beat.
- You would never expect a rhythm-dungeon crawler combo to ever work, but boy does it.
- I cannot recommend this game enough for roguelike fans, and fans of the indie scene.
- This might be one of the single greatest indie games I’ve played in… well, forever.
- It’s not like rogue’s tale when you can be killed on first turn the moment you spawn.
- It rocks on its own, but the ability to use your own MP3s is brilliant.* Local co-op.
- Crypt of the NecroDancer makes you move on the beat to navigate ever changing dungeons.
- What’s the game’s main goal? Kill all the monsters in randomly generated dungeons? Nah.
- Sound effects are basic and they work, signalling damage, movement, and enemy presence.
- You move into a monster to attack it, different weapons change the shape of your attack.
- And practice resulted in the ability to take part on the CoNDOR Racing League on Twitch.
- I don’t think anyone would have thought to put a rogue-like rpg into a rhythm based game.
- Only frustrating bit is how hard it is to complete story mode, but hey, it’s a roguelike.
How Long is Crypt of the Necrodancer
- Main: 15 Hours
- Main +extras: 18½ Hours
- Completionist: 27½ Hours
- Combined: 18 Hours
- Replayability: 10.4167%
Reddit subreddits and hot topics
Crypt of the necrodancer
Crypt of the Necrodancer!
I’m so sorry
“Hello /r/Games! We are the creators of the roguelike rhythm game, Crypt of
the NecroDancer. Ask us anything!”
End of 2015 Discussions – Crypt of the Necrodancer
“Should Feminist Frequency disclose in their Steam Curator recommendation
that Crypt of the Necrodancer contracted Silverstring Media for “”narrative
design”” – the same Silverstring Media where AS is an advisor?”
Just discovered Crypt of the Necrodancer
[Player292 giveaway] Crypt of the NecroDancer (Steam)
“Developers answered the community and released Crypt of the Necrodancer for
Linux on GOG”
Crypt of the NecroDancer [Game Discussion Thread]
“[Steam] Daily Deal: Crypt of the NecroDancer £3.62/ €4.94/ $4.94 (67% off),
Crypt of the NecroDancer Collector’s Edition £8.91/ €10.56/ $11.55 (67%
off) and most DLCs are also 67% off. Ends May 3rd 10AM PST”
Crypt of the Necrodancer: Amplified
Crypt of the NecroDancer – Launch Trailer (April 23rd, 2015)
“Crypt of the Necrodancer won the Game Developer Conference’s Best Audio
“[Steam] Daily Deal – Crypt of the NecroDancer £5.49 / €7.49 / $7.49 (50%
off) | Crypt of the NecroDancer Collector’s Edition £11.99 / €14.49 /
$15.49 (50% off) | DLC also 50% off | Sale ends October 6th @ 10AM PST”
This game is rated with a 87/100 score in Metacritic.
- 88 | IGN
- 80 | GameSpot
- 80 | Game Informer
- 90 | Gaming Age
- 85 | Game Revolution
- 86 | Multiplayer.it
- 92 | Vandal Online
- 80 | Games Master UK
- 85 | ZTGD
- 95 | 3DJuegos