About this game
- Replay value and creating Skill Builds.
- With an old school Diablo like feel but with a more modern asthetic.
- Sounds just like it says in that you need to survive against waves of enemies, modding can definitely expand on this.
- Open World PVP.
- But eventually the combat of Grim Dawn becomes fast paced and as brutal as the world around you.
- Really satisfying combat, compelling classes and systems, fully realized world, and most importantly, controller support.
- The only other game to do it as well was the original Dark Souls.
- The story is well written, detailed, interesting oh and of course very dark twisted and Grim.
- When I go to sleep at night after playing this game I dream about skill trees and equipment sets.
- The skill trees feel like fun, meaningful upgrades.
- Skills are fun to use and the multiclass system adds additional depth to character creation.
- I play mostly co-op on LAN and it runs smoothly with very little lag.
- The game offers at present 5 different classes, of which you can combine any 2 of them to create hybrid classes.
- The skill system is very in-depth but still easy to understand and the possibilities of different builds are very enormous.
- The spiritual successor of Titan Quest.
- The character progression rivals Path of Exile’s and is better in some aspects.
- The sound effects or combat sound fantastic and the game is really quite large.
- All in all, it’s an interesting universe that manages to put a somewhat new spin on the overused post apocalyptic and dark fantasy settings.
- Though I expect the game to be finished either early or middle of next year – the pace is relatively slow due to having a small team.
- The graphics, sound, abilities, combat, inventory management all fantastic.
- Peep this if you like Diablo 1 and 2, Titan Quest, Baldur’s Gate, or Torchlight 2.
- You can easily tell as most of the UI also looks very similar in both structure and art style as Titan Quest.
- It’s carefully crafted in many ways, without being as limited as diablo 3 yet not as free as sacred 2.
Best alternatives and similar games
How Long is Grim Dawn
- Main: 22 Hours
- Main +extras: 40½ Hours
- Completionist: 76½ Hours
- Combined: 33 Hours
- Replayability: 3.5088%
Reddit subreddits and hot topics
Grim Dawn April Fools (2016)
“[Steam] Summer Sale Day 10: Flash & Community Choice deals – Valid for 8
hours (Batch 3) : Grim Dawn, Fez, Killer is Dead, Kingdoms Rise //
Comm.Ch.: Zombies (Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Deadlight, Organ Trail: DC,
State of Decay)”
Now that Grim Dawn is content complete, what are your thoughts on it?
“Despite up-coming expansions and DLC, Grim Dawn (#2 selling game on Steam
last week) dev’s releasing a FULL mod kit, inside of one month from the
game’s launch !!!”
“Grim Dawn exits Steam Early Access for full release this Thursday, February
GrimChecklist – A progress checklist for Grim Dawn
“Any recent PoE players with a lot of Grim Dawn exp. care to share what they
“IAmA Titan Quest designer struggling to launch an independent game studio
and develop a new game”
Grim Dawn gets Animated Trailer and VO!
What do you want more in Grim Dawn?
New Grim Dawn acolyte here. Wow.
How is Grim Dawn?
Love ARPG’s, giving Grim Dawn a try! I have some questions for you vets
[Pool] How do you play Grim Dawn?