[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]The ascendant spacefaring 4X strategy game returns! A new chapter in the epic Master of Orion saga is poised to once again capture the imaginations of millions of gamers.
About this game
Best alternatives and similar games to Master of Orion
- Pirates are terrible.
- It’s very well designed.
- Real time combat is great.
- Great spiritual successor.
- And ship design needs work.
- Oh, and famous voice actors.
- The ship combat needs work.
- Space battles could be way better.
- It is so much fun and so immersive.
- Nice graphics,music and voice acting.
- Is this a bit tedious? Yes but it’s fun.
- Pick this up if you like space 4x games!
- It’s fun, it’s creative, it’s challenging.
- For an early access game, it is quite fun.
- Die hard fans of MoO II will be disappointed.
- It may make multi player games to dragged out.
- It was like meeting back up with an old friend.
- Combat is simplified and and so is ship design.
- Not much strategy involved, just build and kill.
- I had some concerns about the ship design system.
- If you are a die hard MoO 2 fan, don’t pick this up.
- Enabling tactical combat for multi-player is a must.
- It is certainly playable and you’ll have fun with it.
- Still needs lot of work, also a lot like Endless space
- I picked a large map and was a little miffed at first.
- Ship Design and Tech Trees have familiar technologies.
- Again, Sins of a Solar Empire had a better pirate concept.
- The custom faction creation is everything I was hoping for.
- They all leave, and all declare war on me the very next turn.
- If you like Civilization games, you should play this one too.
- I LOVE the second game, so I wanted a good MoO game soo much.
- Space combat is pretty much just like MOO3, over in 30 seconds.
- They took the fun of the classic and redressed it in new armor.
- It feels more like Sins of a solar empire than Master of Orion8.
- Also I miss the inter-solar system colonization vs colonly ship.
- It isn’t a broken piece of junk like Master of Orion 3 was.
- Also the game may lock up or crash after long lasting space battles.
- The main difference here is that this new MO is made for multiplayer.
- I enjoy the real time tactical combat and the voice acting is superb!
- Really good game for fans of Master of Orion 2 or Civilization series.
- Ground combat is very basic (well, non-existent) in the current build.
- Wait a second, shouldn’t the AI try and wipe me out? Dumb stupid AI lol.
- It has been brought to my attention the 500 turn limit can be turned off.
- While nice in the begining seein ships zoom here to there, it gets boring.
- But LIke XCOM you CAN NOT TAKE THE SAME GAME and just update the Graphics.
- I’ve played it three times now, and each game has been a great deal of fun.
- The graphics are gorgeous, the voice designs and advisors are a lot of fun.
- The battles look amazing but have limited ammount of input from the player.
- The different lokoing ship designs I saw througout for each race are great.
- If you are, however, a fan of games like Civilization 5, this may work for you.
- The extreme micromanagement has been dumbed down which is not a very bad thing.
- I’d like to see the tech tree a bit more complex, and more complex ship design.
Master of Orion – Announcement Trailer
Let’s Play the NEW Master of Orion! – Part 1
Master of Orion Review
This game is rated with a 76/100 score in Metacritic.
- 83 | IGN
- 80 | GameSpot
- 75 | Game Informer
- 85 | Vandal Online
- 80 | GamingTrend
- 75 | PC Gamer
- 90 | Gaming Nexus
- 77 | Hardcore Gamer
- 76 | 4Players.de
- 85 | IGN Italia