Risk of Rain is an action platformer with roguelike elements. With permanent death as a primary feature players will have to play their best to get as far as possible. Fight on a mysterious planet with randomly spawning enemies and bosses either alone or with 3 friends in online co-op.
- Really fun game.
- Excellent replay value for the price.
- Punishing, but really enjoyable little rougelike with emphasis on fast paced action and easy to learn but difficult to master classes.
- The game also keeps you into it with unlockable characters and items, as well as the randomly generated levels.
- The items you find are randomly generated and are always useful.
- There are 6 (somewhat) randomly generated levels, each harder than the previous one.
- It features beautiful pixel art and a great soundtrack.
- The main issue I have with risk of rain is the time limit.
- Of course difficulty curve is important, but RoR literally gets harder the LONGER you play, rather than the further you get.
- As with most rougelikes; levels, items and enemies are procedurally generated and permadeath is enabled but game never feels unfair, since every playthrough offers something new.
- Even the most intense of the soundtrack is actually quite nice music to sleep too.
- And with the wide variety of classes availible, it’s always a unique and fun experience.
- Besides singleplayer, you can enjoy it in local or online co-op mode.
- Playing by yourself is great, but this is also a great local or online co-op experience, because teamwork is essential.
- But I still love the game and I would recommend it to anyone who likes action platformers.
- I’d recommend this game to anyone who likes the action platformer, rogue-like games.
- It combines several interesting mechanics in a very cool way, and the amount of content and replayability is amazing.
Best alternatives and similar games