Take command of a vast interstellar empire and safeguard your species from total extinction in a procedurally generated 3D galaxy (with the option to flatten it) from 1 System to 10000+! Prove your species’ ingenuity through a deep and intricate combat system where anything (from individual components on ships to the stars themselves)…
About this game
Best alternatives and similar games
- Superb 3D space RTS.
- Excellent Space RTS.
- I like action and fun.
- Fun game, very scalable.
- Quite an indie surprise!
- Want to build Death Stars? You can.
- Game crashes on too many functions.
- Pros: + the massive scale is amazing.
- Looks like a semi-clone of Space Empires 5.
- Different weapons are good at different things.
- Definitely my favorite 4x game, with RTS elements.
- Star Ruler is a very unique and deep 4x strategy game.
- Mid to end-game : Not even AI war compares to the epic battles.
- If you like any RTS or Strategy games, this one is great. 10/10
- I’ve had so much fun with this game that I have to recommend it.
- Star Ruler is the perfect example of an indie diamond in the rough.
- Enemy ai don’t seem too challenging either after you master the game.
- Great game, from 1 planet to destroying the galaxy, every second was fun.
- Thankfully, the developers allow governors to build structures for new colonies.
- The Masters of Orion/Sins of a Solar Empire junkies will probably be dissapointed.
- Its a great game and any fan of the Sins of a solar empire franchise would like it.
- If you love space combat and galactic conquest grab this game, if not grab the demo.
- This didn’t hold my interest single player, and the multiplayer desynced constantly.
- But aside from that, it’s pretty interesting to explore and populate new star systems.
- What was fun, required strategy, and your own creativity turns into mindless operation.
- And the funny part is that the game may look like 3D, but you actually move only in 2D.
Star Ruler – Official Trailer
Let’s Try: Star Ruler – Part 1/2
Star Ruler 2 Gameplay Review
Reddit subreddits and hot topics
Star Ruler: 4X Space Strategy Game
Dark Rulers of the Bedroom
“Star Ruler 2, a very innovative indie space 4x just release an expansion
today. Here’s why I love it.”
“2-man developer of Star Ruler 2, a space RTS-with-pause with an innovative
economy and insane fleet battles, will have to shut down from lack of
“We Are A 3-man indie game development team that made an RT4X (Star Ruler),
Ask Us Anything”
“Blind Mind Studios (developers of Star Ruler 1/2) will be closing down if
sales don’t improve”
“[Giveaway] FTL: Faster Than Light, SOL: Exodus, Solar 2, SpaceChem, and
Star Ruler: An independent, 4X, RTS game I’ve fallen in love with.
What happen to Star Ruler 2?
End of 2015 Discussions – Star Ruler 2
Star Ruler 2: Wake of the Heralds Now Available on GOG.com!
Star Ruler 2
First 2015 PCMR Game Giveaway
star ruler 2 vs upcoming stardrive 2
“Has the Wake of the Heralds Expansion Improved Blind Mind Studio’s (Star
Ruler 2) Financial Position?“