In Starbound you take on the role of a character who’s just fled from their home planet only to crash-land on another. From there you’ll embark on a quest to survive discover explore and fight your way across an infinite universe!
About this game
- The original concept was amazing, you have your own ship, you explore planets, get resources, weapons, meet new races, build a house on said planet if you wish.
- The best ways of getting Pixels is by killing enemies, the harder the enemy, the more Pixels they will drop.
- The variety of planets, items, building materials and monsters is great.
- Buggy game, animations are simplistic at best, enemy AIs leave much to be desited, bosses can all be bugged easily and have terrible AI.
- Exploring planets seemed fun at the very beginning, but it gets old real fast.
- Some games are capable of being fun in unfinished states but Starbound is not, what is currently offered is a sandbox, a very dull sandbox.
- There are multiple great aspects to this game, but once you reach the tier where there is no more challenge, the game becomes boring and pointless.
- Through lost promises and hilariously bad customer support on the official forums, many people believe this game is dead.
- I’m not even inspired to build stuff, even though the building is so much easier than other frequently compared 2D sandbox games.
Best alternatives and similar games to Starbound
Starbound Combat Update Trailer
“Let’s Play Starbound [Ep 1] “”Alien Hunter”” (Starbound Gameplay /
Starbound Early Access – Review