Verdun is the first multiplayer FPS set in a realistic First World War setting. The merciless trench warfare offers a unique battlefield experience immersing you and your squad into intense battles of attack and defense.
About this game
- It is fun? Yes.
- Mud among the dead men.
- It felt clunky and unrefined.
- Run back to your trench and protect it.
- No insane advantage for high level gamers.
- Verdun relies heavily on the use of squads.
- Could use a little polish, but i reccomend.
- Ragdolls are jittery and can break immersion.
- After awhile you realize guns are class specific.
- I have fps issues, freezes and lag from time to time.
- Takes Teamwork to win but fun regardless of the outcome.
- You join one, and Play a roll for that squad in a battle.
- My hands are struggling to protect my face with a gas mask.
- No dodgy business practices. No massive failures on day one.
- Small Squads, fighting intimate and frightening skirmishes.
- A word that encapsulates the horrors of the First World War.
- At least at the beginning. Got spawn killed 3 times in a row.
- Find battles in one of there famous locations like Flanders.
- The only issue I have with sniping is the mouse sensitivity.
- I arrive in a trench with a bolt action rifle and a gas mask.
- You need really good rig if you wanna run it on high settings.
- I played Verdun and became enthralled with the First World War.
- Historical shooter that makes good use of its World War 1 setting.
- The graphics now are more detailed especially in ultra settings.
- Everyone almost shoulder to shoulder running across no-mans land.
- Moving away, progressing or backing up would mean I’m a deserter.
- And let’s not talk about how my gas mask barely fits over my head.
- It is insanely addictive and the squad based gameplay is incredible.
- Your bolt action rifle only has three shots, but you face five Huns.
- I would recommend buying it, especially if you’re a World War buff.
- WWI FPS made with a great, authentic atmosphere with realism in mind.
- Death Match Mode. This is by far the least popular of the 2 battle modes.
- This counter-attack and defend system really forces squad collaboration.
- When the enemy comes in numbers from the right, then tell your team mates.
- The ‘Road map’ demonstrates the developers true loyalty to their fan base.
- As for the game, it is great, very similar to “Red Orchestra” in gunplay.
- Check out the game’s sponsored guides.11/10 would raid trenches in real life
- Long story short: do your self a favor and buy this marvel of an indie game.
- It’s not as hardcore as Red Orchestra but features are being added regularly.
- It also gives you a chance to learn what weapons the soldiers used back then.
- You can unlock different weapons as you level up your different squad classes.
- One of the best mechanics of Verdun is how well paced the overall gameplay is.
- You have guns locked away, but they’re pretty easy to fully unlock everything.
- He has the same eyes, just like me, hidden behind the gas mask, just like mine.
- An awesome game, it is a very different experience from your traditional shooter.
- If you’re looking to play a casual shooter, Verdun can be quite… rage inducing.
- I could go on and on about this game, but i stop here.buy it. you wont regret it.
- I have died, my corpse stuck in a mess of barbed wire, my helmet a few feet away.
- The frontline mode realy displays the mass death and destruction of the trenches.
- It tells you a proper story about trench warfare; you fight together or die alone.
- Each individual class has it’s own milestones for unlocking more gear and weapons.
- Matches last about half an hour before mapchange, although it could be over sooner.
- It’s already worth its price and can only go one way (better) from where it is now.
- There is a small developer team that are active and constantly improving the gameplay.
- This mode sees you enter into a rifle death match to kill as many players as possible.
- As soon as I had left the game out of frustration with the bugs, a patch came through.
- Only game where you can nerd out in chat about WW1 history facts without being berated.
- I hear a lot of my friends say it looks like a Red Orchestra 2 with World War One skins.
- An extremely authentic and well done World War 1 shooter.
- When gas lands on top of you, you will panic to put your gas mask on as soon as possible.
- So far no hackers detected apart from a bug glitch / exploit that has now been corrected.
- As of this writing, the three squad type include line infantry, recon, and assault squads.
- There are a few buggy spots on the map where u can get stuck in places where you shouldn’t.
- The maps deeply compliment the class system by having (hint WWI): trenches and barbed wire.
- The game runs on Unity 5, perhaps the most popular Graphics engine currently around.
- I feel like this is a great way to reward active players by giving them a little advantage.
- The maps are pretty great though, really capture the spirit of the first world war mud fest.
- My FPS dropped from 60 FPS back in April to around 15-25 FPS these days, on all low graphics.
- You manage to get your mask on in time to save yourself, then out of the mist…….a shadow.
- You have to level up the class you may not even realized you pick in order to get the rifles.
- Extremely robust with lots of realistic handling weapons and high levels of historical research.
- Verdun also introduces the typical multiplayer progression present on many online multiplayer FPS.
- Not one single person can singlehandedly take out al of the enemy team and capture the trench line.
- Things like bullet drop, squad roles, WW1 themed, no mans land and trenches makes this game unique.
- Lesson learned! xDWarningOnly buy this game if you know how to respond to a dog whistle! :PLove it!
- To add them you press Tab (leaderboards) then right click your friend and click the “”Add”” button.
Best alternatives and similar games
Reddit subreddits and hot topics
Verdun – WWI First Person Shooter
Verdun The Game
Your Source For Everything Verdun (The Game)
“[Steam] Flash Sales – Day 2 – Round 2 (Blade Symphony, Verdun, PAYDAY 2,
The Secret World | CC: Risk of Rain)”
Anyone want a copy of the Verdun game?
[Steam] Summer Sale – Day 6
[Steam] Summer Sale – Day 10
Gunnit Plays Vidya Games: Rising Storm
[Steam] Summer Picnic Sale 2016 | Day 9
“Demonstration of how much can change during game development — video
timeline of Verdun, another Early Access game”
[Offer] [Steam] Happy New Year! 1 copy of Verdun for you!
/r/Steam Official Steam Summer Sale 2015: Day 10 Thread [Encore Sale]
[Steam] Winter Sale 2015 | Day 5
Major Update in Verdun Game
How to fix bad history in video games, pt. 3 – World War One
[Steam] Lunar New Year Sale – Day 3
“Realistic WW1 online multiplayer shooter game “”Verdun (1914-1918)”” released
“[Steam] Autumn Sale 2015 Megathread – Day 5 | Sale ends December 1st @ 10AM
“Verdun is on sale for 66% off. The 4 pack is literally 2 bucks less than
what a single copy usually is.”
Never thought I’d say this, but Linux plays a game better than Windows
Verdun updated! New game mode introduced
/r/Steam Official Steam Summer Sale 2015: Day 6 Thread
“[ETHICS] In face of Rogier Kahlmann’s article, Control doubles down: “”The
nominations and winners for the Dutch Game Awards are determined by an
“[Steam][Flash Sale] Limbo($2.49/75%), Darkness II($5.99/80%), Next Car
Game:Wreckfest($14.99/50%), Verdun($7.81/66%), Hearts of Iron
III($2.49/75%), Dominions:Thrones of Ascension($8.74/75%)“